RFP: Case Management Software Solution
The Los Angeles County Employees Retirement Association (LACERA), a $70 billion public pension fund, is seeking proposals from qualified firms to provide a Case Management Software Solution. LACERA invites qualified firms to respond to this RFP.
Scope of Work
LACERA has identified twenty-three (23) processes that need case management automation. These processes have been divided into four phases. This Request for Proposal is for the first phase and includes the following processes:
- First Payment: a process that starts with Retirement Application submission and ends when a new retiree receives benefit payment.
- Disability Retirement: a process that starts with a Disability Retirement Application submission and includes the following components:
- Application submission and review
- Records Ordering and evidence gathering
- Investigative Process including communications with physicians, attorneys, and the member
- Board Process that includes disability application review and approval by legal department and management and submission to the Board of Retirement for approval
- Vendor Invoicing and Payments for records ordering, medical appointments, and other services
- Appeals processing, including correspondence and deadlines tracking
- Writ tracking
Response to this RFP should be submitted no later than 5:00 PM PDT on November 19, 2021 as an electronic copy in PDF format via email to casemanagementRFP@lacera.com. To the extent applicable, submissions should also include an electronic copy marked “REDACTED”. The redacted copy should exclude all material from the proposal that the respondent believes in good faith is exempt from disclosure under the California Public Records Act, (California Government Code section 6250 et seq. the “Act”). Individual redactions should appear as blacked out material. Large sections, tables, or entire blank page(s) shall include the word “REDACTED” or “PROPRIETARY” inserted.
Questions Relating To This RFP
All questions, inquiries, and requests for additional information concerning this RFP should be received no later than 3:00 PM PDT, Friday, November 5, 2021, and should be emailed to casemanagementRFP@lacera.com. All questions received and responses thereto will be posted on LACERA's website (www.lacera.com) under the "Business Opportunities" section (follow on the website: About LACERA/Who We Are/Business Opportunities) on or about 3:00 PM PDT, November 12, 2021.
The following table provides a tentative schedule of important dates and deadlines for this RFP. All dates are subject to modification by LACERA without notice.
- RFP release date
- October 6, 2021
- Intent to Respond closing date
- October 15, 2021
- Vendor Conference
- October 29, 2021
- Written questions from Respondents due date
- November 5, 2021
- LACERA’s response to Respondents’ questions
- November 12, 2021
- Proposal due date
- November 24, 2021
- Finalist Interviews
- December 13, 2021
- Selection Notification
- December 17, 2021
- Commencement of work
- Upon contract execution