LACERA is entrusted to produce, protect, and provide the promised benefits to the employees of Los Angeles County and their beneficiaries. We are dedicated to upholding that trust, which is why LACERA holds its board members, management, staff, and business partners to the highest ethical standards. These standards, which are based on legal and fiduciary concepts, are outlined in the following materials.
Code of Ethical Conduct
All Board and staff members are required to follow the Code of Ethical Conduct. The code’s purpose is to ensure the proper administration of LACERA and to foster public confidence in LACERA’s institutional integrity as a well-managed public pension system.
Conflict of Interest Code
LACERA’s Conflict of Interest Code requires designated organizational officials, employees, and consultants of LACERA to disclosure certain economic interests, business positions, investments, income, and/or gifts.
- Board of Retirement (BOR) Charter
- BOR Standing Committees Charter
- Board of Investments (BOI) Charter
- Corporate Governance Committee Charter
- Audit Committee Charter
- Joint Organizational Governance Committee Charter
Board of Retirement Administrative Documents
- Power and Duties
- BOR Regulations
- Administrative Appeal Procedure: Matters Related to Retirement Benefits
- Administrative Appeals Procedures for Felony Forfeiture
- Disability Retirement Step by Step Guide
- Disability Retirement Application When the Member Has Been Terminated for Cause
- Educational Compliance Report