There are two LACERA-administered Cigna plans: an Independent Physicians Association Health Maintenance Organization (IPA HMO) group model plan and a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plan HMO (MAPD HMO).
- Cigna Network Model Plan (IPA HMO)
NurseLine (24/7): 800-244-6224
- Cigna-HealthSpring Preferred with Rx (MAPD HMO)
COVID-19 Resource Center
Contact your insurance carrier for plan booklets, claim forms, and billing questions.
Cigna Network Model Plan (IPA HMO)
This plan is available to all eligible, retired LACERA members and their dependents.
The Cigna Network Model Plan includes these features:
- Selection of a primary care physician from the Cigna Medical Group or a participating private care physician. Each family member is allowed to select a separate Primary Care Physician (PCP). The PCP will direct all of that person’s non-emergency medical care.
- In Arizona, if the PCP is in the Cigna Medical Group, the covered family member must receive all medical care at a Cigna Healthcare Center, unless an emergency occurs and the patient is outside of the service area.
If the PCP is in private practice, you must receive all covered healthcare or referral care from that physician, except in an emergency.
Cigna-HealthSpring Preferred With Rx (MAPD HMO)
This plan is available to eligible LACERA members and their dependents age 65 and over who are enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B.
Combined coverage: If you have Medicare Part A and B and enroll in the Cigna-HealthSpring MAPD plan, your non-Medicare eligible family members must enroll in the Cigna Network Model Plan. See more about combined coverage on the Parts A and B page.
- Cigna-HealthSpring Preferred with Rx (HMO) allows you to receive care from its network providers and provides comprehensive prescription drug coverage.
Evidence of Coverage
For full details of the services, coverage, and costs of care provided by your specific medical plan, review your latest Evidence of Coverage below.