Anthem Blue Cross Plan III supplements Medicare coverage by paying many of the costs that Medicare doesn’t cover, such as copayments or annual deductibles.
A Medicare supplement plan is a plan that requires you to pay for services at the time you receive care. This plan is for members and/or eligible dependents enrolled in both Medicare Part A and Part B. The plan supplements Medicare coverage by:
- Paying Medicare Part A deductibles and copayments
- Paying the annual Medicare Part B deductible and 20 percent of Medicare-approved amounts for covered services and supplies
- Providing prescription drug benefits instead of Medicare Part D
- Benefits Information:
- 24/7 Nurse Line:
- CVS/Caremark Prescription Drug Benefits:
- Pharmacy Advisor Counseling:
- Accordant Disease Management Program:
- COVID-19 Resource Center
Contact your insurance carrier for plan booklets, claim forms, and billing questions.
Plan III Medicare Supplement Features
- You may see any physician you wish, and Medicare pays 80 percent of approved charges, and the plan pays 20 percent of Medicare-approved charges.
- To obtain the maximum benefit, you must choose a physician who accepts the assignment of benefits from Medicare. If the provider does not accept the assignment, you must pay the difference between what the provider charges and what Medicare and the Anthem Blue Cross III plan both pay.
- Enrollment qualifies you for the Medicare Part B Premium Reimbursement Program, annually approved by the County Board of Supervisors.
- No deductibles
- Provides certain emergency benefits for sudden and unexpected life-threatening medical conditions when traveling in most foreign countries. Medicare does not offer coverage outside of the United States.
- No lifetime maximum benefit
- Prescription Benefit Manager: CVS/Caremark (retail and mail-order prescription drug benefits)
- Accordant Disease Management Program
- Pharmacy advisor counseling (for adults managing conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease)